The Pastoral Council is the primary consultative body on matters involving parish planning and policy.
Elliott Bauer, Pastoral Council President
Rusty Varisco, Vice President
Lisa Kros, Secretary
Kristie Thieman, Stewardship
Chip Duncan, Worship
Steve Embry, Formation
Rocco Pigneri, Social Concerns
Tim Campisano, Administration & Finance
Nicole Burke, School Board
AT LARGE MEMBERS:
ROLE OF THE PASTORAL COUNCIL
The Council serves as a Wisdom body who assists the Pastor in planning for the pastoral development of the parish, in overseeing the implementation of that planning, and in recommending policies needed to achieve parish goals. Members should have imagination, deep faith, broad experience and sound judgement. Term: 3 years
Number and Qualifications:
The membership of the Parish Council consists of the pastor, nine (9) persons from the parish at large, a representative from the School Advisory Board, and a representative from each of the major parish clusters.
Qualifications for membership:
- Baptized Catholic; at least 18 years old
- Registered member of the parish called to the important work of furthering the mission and spiritual growth of the parish community
- Willingness to commit their gifts of time, talent and wisdom in a consultative and collaborative manner
Manner of Selection:
- In the spring of each year and in sufficient time before Pentecost Sunday, written nominations for at-large vacancies on the Parish Council will be solicited from members of the parish.
- Persons who accept nomination and who are eligible to serve will be invited to an orientation meeting and will be asked to complete a biographical form.
- The names of qualified applicants will be placed in a pool from which names will be drawn at random by the pastor on Pentecost Sunday.
- Appointed Members.
- Cluster Representatives are appointed from those currently involved in each cluster by the Pastor in consultation with the outgoing cluster representative and the Pastoral Team Liaison to the cluster.
- The representative of the School Advisory Board is appointed by the President of the School Board in consultation with the principal.
The Council meets on the 4th Tuesday of most months
Generally, meetings are conducted informally with a goal of decision-making by consensus, but Robert’s Rules of Order may be invoked at the discretion of the President.