The Catholic Community of St. Patrick was established in June of 1988. Archbishop Thomas C. Kelly O.P. appointed the Reverend John L. Schindler the Founding Pastor. The first Mass was celebrated on June 22nd at the Eastwood Community Center.
For the first two years, Mass was celebrated at the Eastwood community Center. In 1990, the parish leased a building in the Middletown Industrial Center, which was affectionately called “the warehouse.” As the parish population continued to grow, the parish formed a long-range planning committee to begin the search for a permanent site.
In August of 1993, the parish moved to its present site at 1000 North Beckley Station Road. This move facilitated the establishment of St. Patrick School. The first building consisted of 24,000 square feet. This building served as the Church, Parish School, and related offices.
In August of 1997, Miles Hall was opened. Named in honor of Bill and Phyllis Miles, two founding members of the community, Miles Hall provided space for 17 classrooms for education and lifelong formation.
The third and final building phase was completed in the fall of 2001. Phase III included our 1,200-seat worship space, 12 additional classrooms in the Mary Beth Bowling Educational Center for the Arts and Sciences and Middle School, and a multi-purpose gymnasium called the Celtic Center. The new church was dedicated on October 14, 2001.
25th Anniversary Video